In 1889 can be seen for the first time the sign saying "Chez Marion".
The hostel/café/restaurant is then ran by Eugénie Marion ( In the photo in the frame of the first floor window ).
For more than a century, the Marion family, owns this place.
Back then, Le SORGIA was simply a farm that welcomed travellers, offering them room and board, for a night or more.
Francisque Marion, Eugenie's son, took over her mother, well acccompanied by his wife Juliette.
In 1929, their son Georges Marion was born. He would then become, despite his real wishes, the main cook, but also a mason, a carpenter, a plumber and a farmer! It is truly thanks to him that Le Sorgia became what is is now.
His marriage with Yvette made the couple become a true landmark of Lancrans.
Georges and Yvette decided to start huge renovations that lead to the silhouette the place still has now.
In 1989, Dominique, Georges and Yvette's son,
take over the place, along with his wife Dominique. They contributed to bring to the place, foodwise, a more profound and subtil taste.
took over with the same view on the quality and originality of the dishes!
He therefore became the 5th generation of Marions owning the place!